Festival T-shirt, membership offer, HuffPost, West African Veg Congress
October 30, 2009
Hello Boston Vegetarian Society,
The song from Annie comes to mind, "It's only a day away...!"
We have been getting three or more contacts a day from students who are doing projects on the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival for journalism or video documentary classes, campus newspapers or TV stations, etc. It's fun seeing the ripple effect!
- Festival T-shirt Winning Design
- BVS One-day Membership Special at Food Fest
- BVFF Exhibitor List
- Festival Speaker in Huffington Post, CNN
- West African Vegetarian Congress Shares our Weekend
- Vegan Thanksgiving Cooking Class
1) Thank you to everyone who entered the Festival T-shirt design contest! Our winning designer is Jenny Goeden, with a design that was all we could have hoped for, and more. See the winning design here (top right):
This beautiful design is printed on a super soft 100% organic cotton T-shirt in slate grey. We are selling it at the Festival for $15, which is very close to our cost.
2) If you join BVS at the Festival, you can get the T shirt for half price ($7.50), one day only special, and you'll get some special treats as well. Check at the BVS table at the entry to the exhibitor room.
3) Whet your appetite for dining and learning by reading the list of exciting exhibitors for BVFF09. Bring cash and checks as most cannot take credit, and remember your reusable shopping bags. We are making valiant efforts to recycle as much as possible at our Festival.
Plan your speaker events here:
4) The Huffington Post carried a great article this week on our Festival speaker, Caldwell Esselstyn Jr, MD!
October 27, 2009
"Heart Disease: A Toothless Paper Tiger That Need Never Exist"
When people learn to eat plant based to eliminate heart disease it could inaugurate a seismic revolution in health.
Full article at:
Interesting piece on CNN.com
"Eating animals is making us sick"
By Jonathan Safran Foer, Special to CNN
October 28, 2009
5) On the same weekend as our Festival, the 2nd West African Vegetarian Congress will occur in Accra Ghana, and BVS is a Sponsor of this Congress. We are a member of the International Vegetarian Union, and when a call went out for funds to make the West African Veg Congress possible, it seemed a wonderful way to feel a link across the globe on this special weekend!
6) We have scheduled a cooking class for Saturday, Nov. 14 to help us prepare for a vegan Thanksgiving. When food fest is behind us, details will be posted to the list.
See you all this weekend, we hope!