Veg Festival Updates, Other Events of Interest
October 6, 2006
Dear Boston Vegetarian Society List,
First, another terrific cooking and nutrition series completed this week - a great time for all who attended! Our cooking demos at the Festival should be excellent, with Isa and Terry from the Post Punk Kitchen and Chef Sualua from American Samoa -- can't wait!
Here are some updates on the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival!
* It's countdown to the 11th Annual Boston Vegetarian Food Festival! Just two weeks till Sat., Oct. 21, and we hope that YOU will be there -- and bring some non-vegetarians with you. Details at
* Special volunteer needs: People with electrical and A / V abilities. People with a passion for recycling. Hit Reply if you can help in these or any capacity.
* We'll be on the air this Sunday, 10/8, 8:30 - 9 AM on WBCN 104.1 FM. Listen to BVS Treasurer Samir Sanghani talk about the Festival and answer questions about vegetarianism.
* We will have a new Festival T shirt to sell at the event - a new design on organic cotton so they will wear beautifully and become nice and soft. Look for them at the BVS table near the entry to the exhibitor room.
* The Speaker page has been updated with two expanded writeups and a couple of new photos.
* It's a long weekend ahead! Please help publicize the Festival by printing (on color paper if possible) our flyer and posting it on bulletin boards at work, school, gym, libraries, markets, or wherever appropriate.
OTHER EVENTS OF INTEREST
Saturday, October 7, 2006 Massachusetts School of Law in Andover MA is having their 1st Annual Animal Law Symposium. It's FREE and includes a free vegetarian lunch! It is designed to strengthen understanding about animal law and practice by examining federal and state law alongside numerous professionals and attorney's active in the field. Several sessions will explore related themes and topics, including The Link between Animal Cruelty and Violence. Details and registration (but you can just show up):
Sunday, October 22, 2006 (rain date Oct. 29) Noon - 5 PM 1st Annual Fall Fundraiser at Maple Farm Sanctuary (MFS) in Mendon, MA. Help support MFS and enjoy an afternoon of good food, good music, activities for kids and a chance to commune with nature, each other, and of course the animals! $10 donation includes desserts and varied beverages. BYO lunch and blanket/chair. There will be a bounty of autumn atmosphere, pumpkins, and foliage, plus hourly tours to meet the animals, crooning and toasting smores by the campfire. Directions and more details at
http://www.maplefarmsanctuary.org or 617-913-8913.